Is Your Property Safe? As you are probably aware,
Colorado has been
experiencing some of the
worst fires in its history.
This is largely due to severe
drought conditions. Another
culprit is poor management
of forestland, seen in overly
dense, diseased, beetle-
infested, and dying forests.
Greenleaf can perform fire
mitigation operations on your
from backyards to
whole neighborhoods or
larger tracts. Please take a
moment to consider how we
help ensure your property’s
safety and value.
right: defensible space around home below: a thinned forest
Safe can be beautiful. Call us for a free forest inspection!
call (719) 783- 4250
Tips for home protection:
A. Create Defensible Space and Do Regular Maintenance of Your Home.
B. Work With Your Neighbors. Create a local, neighborhood CWPP, with action to do the following:
1. Identify and open emergency access and escape routes, designed in consultation with the Fire Department.
2. Post street names and house numbers for easy emergency identification.
3. Install shaded and open-space fuelbreaks at strategic locations in and around the boundaries of your subdivision or neighborhood.
4. Create access and approved water drafts in ponds or streams for Fire Department use in fighting fires.
5. Reduce fuel under, near, and within tree-reach of utility lines, in cooperation with power company.
6. Thin dense stands of trees/ brush along sides of roads and in commonly-owned land and parks.
C. SEE GUIDELINES ---->>>
How do you get started? Call (719) 783-4250!
GREENLEAF is ready to help you and your neighborhood design and implement effective and aesthetic wildfire defense plans.
We can assist in many ways:
-- from project layout, identifying best capacity contractors, contract management, and what you can do yourself
It identifies 17 landscape neighborhoods in the County— based on common access and problems. It offers many practical ways to protect against wildfire. This includes fire hazard mitigation projects you can do or hire done. An annual work plan is recommended.
Call Len Lankford, Forester, for an initial appointment to review your situation.